Populate the sidearea with useful widgets. It’s simple to add images, categories, latest post, social media icon links, tag clouds, and more.
Website Royal Brunei Airlines
The Vice President Information Technology is responsible for the overall planning organization, and execution of all IT related functions. This includes managing all IT Operations to meet customer requirements and service levels as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions. The position will work closely with the leadership team, operations and support staff to assess and address user and practice needs. Areas of responsibility include all aspects of the planning, implementation, delivery, and evaluation of Information Systems programs and services including: server administration, backup systems, computer operations, desktop support, Information Centre, business analysis and systems, applications programming, and administration of other related technology systems. The Vice President Information Technology is expected to fully understand the mission, goals and vision of the organization and subsequently, identify, develop, source and implement technology solutions.
Key Primary Responsibilities
· To lead a team and be accountable for overall management and planning in the area of IT, and ensure its effective operations to support worldwide, 24/7 business activity
· To lead the overall strategy, planning and execution of the technology experience to support the digital and IT plan for RB
· Responsible for overseeing and delivering digital analytics and reporting, digital planning and development, and digital capability innovation
· To be the single Information Technology point of accountability for the Executive Management Team and Senior Management Team.
· To establish a plan for how technology and associated services will enable the Commercial and operations business areas to achieve their business goals whilst driving a step change in efficiency and effectiveness
· Will have significant engagement with the senior leadership team across the IT Organization and its business units, as they work to drive the connections between strategy, growth initiatives, and digital enablement. This role will be critical to drive alignment and engagement for a common direction and implementation across the IT Organization
· To lead and drive forward the RB technological Business Transformation program to formulate an efficient customer focused airline utilizing best practice fit for purpose solutions and processes
· Plan, initiate, and deliver this complex and strategic programme aligned to significant business change initiative to deliver significant business benefits to operational, time, cost and functionality objectives
· Provide knowledge transfer, training and mentorship to IT staff
· Review and develop key business information systems and processes to ensure that they are aligned with the company’s business plans and that they continually evolve to support the company expansion and growth
· Manage and prioritize IT projects and ensure their successful delivery
· Work closely with system stakeholders to act as an IT expert to provide support and advice on achieving business objectives and competitive advantage through IT
· Ensure robust IT governance and security is in place for efficient and highly reliable utilization of information resources
· Develop the IT team to meet the changing needs of users, groups and offices; new projects and technologies; and varying staff strengths
· Support the management of financial aspects of the department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review and forecasting
· Develop standard operating procedures and best practices, service level agreements, including providing written protocols and guidance to IT staff and to end-users
· Provide metrics and reports to the senior leadership team on a regular basis and all users of telecommunication and information technology services and systems, as required
· Provides insights to IT strategy; specifically, work with the senior leadership team to develop strategies and plans to enhance IT services, improve user effectiveness, and foster innovation
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Experience in the airline, transportation or hospitality industries
· Customer Understanding, Strategic Thinking, Innovation, Forward and Tactical Thinking
· Experience managing significant-sized budgets, preferably related to technology and/or project related expenditures (i.e.: capital and operating).
QUALIFICATION & EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & KNOWLEDGE
· Degree in Computing, Information Technology, or relevant discipline and experience
· At least 15 years’ experience and knowledge in IT industry with minimum 5 years’ experience in IT management position
· ITIL Foundations ,Project Management ,IT Management ,Industry related technical training and certification
· Strong analytical and organizational skills to resolve technical, management and operational issues.
· Strong background and working knowledge of computing environments
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.
I am passionate about digital marketing and ecommerce, with more than 10 years of experience as a CMO and CIO in travel and multinational companies. I work as a strategic digital marketing and ecommerce consultant for global online travel brands. Constant learning is my main motivation, and this is why I launched Diggintravel.com, a content platform for travel digital marketers to obtain and share knowledge. If you want to learn or work with me check our Academy (learning with me) and Services (working with me) pages in the main menu of our website.
Diggintravel - Smarter Travel Marketing
Copyright © 2016-2020
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.