Populate the sidearea with useful widgets. It’s simple to add images, categories, latest post, social media icon links, tag clouds, and more.
Website United Airlines
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
This role manages a team of highly skilled technical resources providing cloud automation services to all delivery teams. This centralized function partners with AWS and internal teams to ensure that new cloud systems are architected according to AWS Well Architected framework. It will lead a team of cloud DevOps resources to create and manage cloud environment utilities and infrastructure scripts for every cloud application in portfolio. It will have ownership of production cloud environments, and will manage application cloud environments for performance, reliability and cost effectiveness with a team of internal resources and strategic partners.
Essential Job Functions
– Manage a team of highly skilled resources that work with a large number of application development teams to setup their CI/CD automation, both on premise and cloud, assist them with troubleshooting issues and provide guidance on cloud services and monitoring. This automation needs to be created for a wide range of applications, including traditional on premise, AWS cloud native and containerized (Kubernetes) applications and with many different technologies such as .NET, Java, NodeJS, Angular, Tibco and Python
– Create AWS CloudFormation templates and standards to automate both applications and infrastructure, ensuring they are reliable and secure, continuously staying on top of quickly evolving cloud technology to update the standards as cloud technology changes. Manage a team that works with all application teams to understand their application architecture and their automation requirements, and then implements the solution while following the standards.
– Research and evaluate new cloud and automation technologies, and look for opportunities to streamline processes or improve efficienc
– Manage a team that operates and maintains a scalable and cost effective cloud environment for all application teams. This involves understanding application requirements to ensure proper designs are being implemented, ensuring that necessary logging and monitoring for applications is present, and creating detective compliance automation for cost optimization.
– Leverage a combination of internal resources and partners to ensure 24×7 support and incident response for all cloud applications. Manage automation runbooks, diagnose and fix application performance issues at an infrastructure level, and manage scaling policies to reduce spend.
Manage a team of highly skilled technical resources, ensure there is a talent pipeline in place, and employees have needed resources to maintain and improve their skills.
– 5+ years of application development
– Solid understanding of web applications, databases (relational and NoSQL), messaging (MQ, Tibco EMS, Kafka) and version control system (Git, TFS);
– Hands-on experience in these areas: CI/CD, AWS CloudFormation, AWS CodePipeline, AWS Lambda, – EC2, EKS, RDS, DynamoDB, DocumentDB, SQS, Kinesis, AWS Config
– Strong desire to learn new technologies
– BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, other computer related field required
– 3+ years of experience in leading technical teams
– Hands on experience with core AWS technologies
– Experience with TeamCity or Jenkins
– Scripting experience with Python or Bash;
– 1-3 years of DevOps experience preferred
– Python development experience preferred, C#/Java is a big plus
To apply for this job please visit careers.united.com.
I am passionate about digital marketing and ecommerce, with more than 10 years of experience as a CMO and CIO in travel and multinational companies. I work as a strategic digital marketing and ecommerce consultant for global online travel brands. Constant learning is my main motivation, and this is why I launched Diggintravel.com, a content platform for travel digital marketers to obtain and share knowledge. If you want to learn or work with me check our Academy (learning with me) and Services (working with me) pages in the main menu of our website.
Diggintravel - Smarter Travel Marketing
Copyright © 2016-2020