About the job
- Challenge yourself & add significant value to Qantas Group
- At Qantas Loyalty, our teams come together to create new and unique customer experiences
- Permanent role based at our Mascot campus
Qantas Loyalty is a high performing business and has a history of launching exciting new brands and services that make a difference to its millions of Frequent Flyer and Business Rewards members. Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Business Rewards remain at the core of the program, while the business has evolved to include a number of new ventures and other businesses such as Qantas Money, Qantas Insurance, Qantas Hotels & Holidays and Qantas Wine.
Drive the business strategy of assigned squads (business units) and translate strategies into IT and product initiatives, analyse customer business strategies and plans, processes and practices as well as industry trends and make recommendations in quantifiable terms on where IT/product changes could produce benefits such as reduction in unit cost of operation, enhanced productivity and improved decisions.
The Senior Agile Business Analyst transforms customer and business problems into solutions and validates the feasibility of the strategic objectives of the Product Manager/Squad Lead.
The Senior Agile Business Analyst proposes the CVP (Commercial Value Proposition) and business rules to ensure it is technically feasible for delivery, factoring cost to deliver and viability to ensure we focus on building the right features at the right time whilst also ensuring the acceptance criteria is adequately defined to ensure the overall quality of the solution delivered to the customer in order for the Product Manager to accept the work as done.
Passionate about customer innovation, and with a solid grasp of analytics, the Senior Agile Business Analyst is responsible for identifying and defining improvements to features, customer and user journey mapping, gathering information to make decisions, ensures quality assurance / test solutions and effectively communicates in detail how features and processes work to ensure successful implementation from a change management perspective.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- 8+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst and a passion for an agile way of working
- Strong understanding and use of modern frameworks and their methodologies, including Scrum, Kanban, lean, design thinking, human-centred design, multivariate testing, continuous improvement, test automation and others
- Proven track record in communicating requirements both verbally and through user stories, with logical and clear acceptance criteria, that are easily understood by developers, testers and stakeholders
- Lead the solving of strategic problems that have a high complexity
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Expert user in collaboration tools such as JIRA and Confluence, etc to document and manage stories and other documentation
- Expert in comparing data sets to deduce accurate insights
- Works with a high degree of autonomy
- Robust stakeholder (incl senior) engagement and management skills (day-to-day interpersonal, structured workshops, etc.)
- Leads facilitating workshops, presenting at showcases, leading customer and servicing journey walkthroughs and quality reviews with stakeholders of varying seniority
- Has well rounded technology digital knowledge; application, infrastructure, mobile, UI and UX
- Expert in domain-specific processes and can manage customer expectations
- Must have worked in and have a deep understanding of an Agile environment
- Expert understanding of the Agile framework -including the definition of Epics, user stories, tasks and acceptance criteria
- Results-orientated to meet tight timeframes
Qantas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, so by coming to work for us, you’ll be part of an organisation that encourages diversity, supports charities and environmental initiatives. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander – and people from every other kind of background – to apply. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Talk to us about how this job could be flexible for you.
Be a part of something special – get in touch today.
Applications close on the 23rd of January
Please note: applications will only be considered for candidates who have the right to work in Australia / New Zealand without restriction or sponsorship.