Here at Spirit Airlines, our mission is to deliver the best value in the sky and be the most successful airline on Earth!
Imagine being a Team Member in an organization introducing 100’s of new aircraft that will double our fleet while scaling the organization’s people, process, and technology infrastructure. Investing in a Rock Star like you will not only make an immediate impact on the business but help us continue building a bench of future leadership. Our Team Members develop their careers rapidly while building key skills that drive long-term success.
Be part of our Transformation Journey!
- Team-driven: Your leaders will be right beside you to mentor, share ideas, and collaborate. Peers and leaders are valuable contributors.
- The Sky is No Limit: Our constant growth means boundless career opportunities. There is no limit to how fast and how far you can grow within this organization.
- The Giving Spirit: We are committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work.
- Competitive base salaries with robust health & welfare benefits
- Agile career paths and accelerated career advancement
- Travel & flight benefits for you and your family
About this Job
Be one of the driving forces of revenue creation and maximization for one of the fastest growing airlines on Earth. With ancillary products representing roughly 50% of the organization’s revenue, you’ll have a Captain’s seat as you help re-define and shape the future of our existing non-ticket products and optional services (like bags, seats, combos/bundles, and new products and services you’ll get to help create and manage. If you’re a creative product manager with a passion for thinking outside the box, inside the box, and everywhere in between, we’d love to have you join our team.
- Product Management – From ideation to execution, you’ll be the driving force behind new product initiatives. Working with a cross-section of team members to ensure we think about the entire business (from Network Planning and Airport Operations to Guest Care and everything in between), you’ll learn multiple facets of the industry to ensure we make the best overall product decisions.
- Create new ancillary products/services – You’ll be in the Captain’s seat as our Ancillary Products team creates new products and services to offer our Guests that drive up ancillary revenue. You’ll need to work closely with all stakeholders to become the SME ensuring our new products and product revision requirements meet the objectives of the organization. Work closely with IT to understand systems limitations and workarounds to find faster ways to deliver on key ancillary initiatives by working with business analysts to document required functionality.
- Keep an Eye On What’s New – Knowing what others are doing, especially in the airline industry is key to ensuring our products remain competitive. You’ll help ensure that we always keep a close eye on changes that others make inside the industry and out to ensure Spirit stays competitive.
- Analysis and Reporting – Knowing the performance of our key products and services is crucially important. You’ll work closely with our ancillary pricing team to ensure you’re aware of new pricing opportunities and work in tandem to create opportunities that further our competitive pricing initiatives.
- Ensure consistent distribution and marketing – Work to ensure that we’re adequately pushing our optional services in all appropriate channels, including working closely with our 3rd party distribution team. Ensure that all product information is consistent, up to date, and on brand throughout all distribution channels and work closely with internal training teams to ensure team members have the best information to assist our Guests.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in Product Management, prior experience in the Aviation/Tourism space preferred.
- Product management: Knowledge of the Product Life Cycle and what is necessary to take ideas and turn them into tangible assets by working with all team members across IT, Operations, Guest Care, Network Planning, Legal, and many other teams to drive ancillary revenue while meeting other business objectives.
- Microsoft Office: A high proficiency with Excel and working knowledge of all of MS Office is necessary to perform daily duties.
- Budgeting & Planning: The ability to accurately forecast revenue and costs.
- Resource planning: The ability to allocate limited resources for maximum results.
- Systems-Thinking: Sees how functions and processes integrate and proactively understands limitations that may impact their respective products and ideate alternatives.
- Curiosity: Asks questions, dive deeper, and find meaning. Not just the ability but the character trait of always being the one in the room to look one layer deeper than asked and go one step further in thinking of opportunities
- Leader: Ability to motivate team members across varying parts of the organization to help accomplish your goals and find common ground during situations where priorities may not align. Ability to coach others for personal and professional development.
- Analytical: Gathers and uses relevant data to measure effectiveness, identify status, patterns, issues, trends and root causes. Uses data to develop solutions. Shares data-based insights powerfully and simply to create shared understanding and commitment to action/solution.
- Juggler: The ability to ensure you can juggle between priorities and multi-task in a fast-paced organization where priorities can sometimes pivot quickly. Strong attention to detail, time/project management and organization skills. Can balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicator: Listens to understand and actively reaches out to all relevant team members to create two-way understanding and transparency. Escalates appropriate information to senior management in a timely and effective manner. Able to create and synthesize disparate data and information and convey it for team members at all levels when needed.
- Trustworthy: Has a high level of integrity, confidentiality, ethics and discretion. Is direct and open, builds and sustains relationships with all stakeholders.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate (e.g. emergencies change in workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
- Domestic & International travel under 10% of time.
*Please be advised that you will be asked to complete a required assessment to be considered for this position. This assessment will be emailed to you after you apply. Please be sure to check your Spam folder and/or junk mail if you do not receive it. *
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our Team Members.
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.