Populate the sidearea with useful widgets. It’s simple to add images, categories, latest post, social media icon links, tag clouds, and more.
Website Virgin Atlantic
Hours: 37.5 Monday – Friday
Location: Crawley, West Sussex – with flexible remote working days
Closing Date:12th May 2021
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what’s possible for the role.
In a nutshell
In this exciting role you will lead and manage the Data Science capability within Virgin Atlantic, focusing on designing, deploying and overseeing the key algorithms and models that will drive optimal decisioning within VAL, through domain, statistical and data expertise, use of relevant technologies and efficient automation processes. You’ll work closely within the Operational Research team, supporting the delivery of optimization projects through machine learning models and in-depth quantitative insight to improve value across VAL. Further, as the Data Science Manager, the role will proactively identify further optimization opportunities across the organisation
Through evaluation of historical data, near real time computation on live and simulated data, and consideration of the business context of models and outputs, this role will enable best action by our front and back office members to accelerate and enrich VAL’s objectives.
Day to Day
– Provide insight through the creation and delivery of detailed and repeatable analytical interactive tools and deployable models to support the department’s and VAL’s objectives
– Documentation and explanation of modelling approaches used, presenting continuously to key stakeholders to commission projects and support to BI, OR and business teams
– Determining appropriate procurement of products to achieve DS productionisation vs in house development, cost benefit analysis
– Create and drive best practice in data identification, wrangling and analysis as a step to producing analytical tools for the key directorates using the latest optimised techniques and technologies
– Acts as an authority on statistical significance testing of initiatives and scenario modelling
– Owns the design, development and movement to production/BAU of multiple new analytical tools
– Deep analysis of VAL and wider market movements through automated machine learning techniques
– Design and implementation of advanced algorithms and automation to aid in business decision optimisation, anomaly detection, prediction/forecasting and data quality improvements for data product and operational projects
– Work on and own assigned projects initiatives including planning, research and implementation to deliver to successful conclusion
– Identify new project opportunities with and for directorate Managers
– Create clear testing pipelines and agile plans alongside Data Engineering to ensure CICD of models and outputs
Do you have experience in statistics & computer science? Do you have exceptional analytical skills with the ability to deliver quantitative and insightful analysis? Then this could be the role for you
Alongside the above we’re looking for the following:
– Experience of coaching and leading teams of Data Scientists and/or Data Engineers
– Advanced knowledge and practical application of R, Python and SQL scripting
– Knowledge of data management of (non) relational databases is also preferred, ideally knowledge of big data technology such as Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, Hive and NoSQL
– Proven experience in communicating complex messages to various audiences
– Demonstrated experience in delivering analysis to a high standard and working to deadlines in a fast paced, dynamic environment
– Experience of utilising cloud infrastructure and optimisation of computing resources to accomplish high volume data related tasks
– Budget management and understanding of cloud infrastructure costs and optimization of compute resource vs value derivation
If the above sounds like you then we would love to hear from you!
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.
I am passionate about digital marketing and ecommerce, with more than 10 years of experience as a CMO and CIO in travel and multinational companies. I work as a strategic digital marketing and ecommerce consultant for global online travel brands. Constant learning is my main motivation, and this is why I launched Diggintravel.com, a content platform for travel digital marketers to obtain and share knowledge. If you want to learn or work with me check our Academy (learning with me) and Services (working with me) pages in the main menu of our website.
Diggintravel - Smarter Travel Marketing
Copyright © 2016-2021
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.